The Culture, Health and Wellbeing International Conference will take place from 24 – 26 June 2013 in Bristol, UK. Early Bird registration ends on 28 February. The fee is £350 for three days, which includes the full programme with a choice of workshops, breakout sessions, performances and visits, lunch and refreshments every day.
The Culture, Health and Wellbeing Conference is delivered by Arts & Health South West on behalf of the National Alliance for Arts, Health and Wellbeing with the support of the Royal Society for Public Health.
The conference will inform international perspectives on:
- Healthy and Creative Ageing
- Global Health Inequalities and Culture
- Culture and the Social Determinants of Wellbeing
There will be a particular focus on:
- The latest research and new methodologies
- The dissemination of international research and evaluation
- Local, regional, national, and international policy development
- Developing national and international collaborations and networks
- Museums and Health
- Arts in healthcare settings
- Arts and health promotion/prevention
The conference will be chaired by Professor Richard Parish, Chief Executive of the Royal Society for Public Health.
Keynote speakers include Lord Howarth of Newport; Margret Meagher, Arts and Health Australia; John Wyn Owen, Learned Society of Wales; David Leventhal, Dance for Parkinson’s Disease, USA; Professor Kate Wells, Siyazama Project, South Africa; Shona McCarthy, Derry-Londonderry City of Culture; and Dr Eddie Rooney, Public Health Agency Northern Ireland.
To learn more about the conference and to register for Early Bird rates, please visit http://www.culturehealthwellbeing.org.uk