The National Centre for Arts and Health is currently recruiting a full-time Arts Officer (Grade VI) to take a lead role in promoting and developing the arts in all forms as a medium of vital patient support in Tallaght Hospital, Dublin. Deadline for applications is 18 May 2017.
The Arts Officer will develop, manage and deliver the hospital’s strategy to attract families and informal learners to participate in a diverse and engaging programme of events and activities.
Each candidate must:
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in arts and health development.
• Have a strong interest in and knowledge of arts programming in a Healthcare Setting.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills alongside project management and presentation skills.
• Have knowledge and experience of fundraising for cultural projects.
• Have the ability to work in the health technology environment of Tallaght Hospital.
It is desirable that candidates would have:
• A relevant 3rd level qualification and /or postgraduate training is desirable but not essential.
• An understanding of arts in community development contexts.
• An ability or aptitude for securing funding, promotion, marketing, and evaluation in the arts.
• Openness to, and/or experience in, research and scholarship in arts and health: a suitably qualified candidate will be proposed for honorary academic status with Trinity College Dublin.
This appointment will be full-time and permanent.
A full brief and application form can be found HERE.
Enquiries to Ms Áine Lynch – Director of Nursing: 01 414 2154 / firstname.lastname@example.org