Cavan County Council Arts Office is seeking an evaluator to assess the initiation, process and implementation of a network of stakeholders. The arts office has initiated this network following a well-established commitment to arts and health and young people over a number of years. An evaluator is sought to assess the project; observe, analyse, write and recommend.
The arts office has been awarded network support funding by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs to improve outcomes for children, a Quality and Capacity Building Initiative (QCBI) supported through Dormant Accounts Funding.
The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the formal establishment of the network and its success in achieving its goals.
The aim of the project is to strengthen and grow existing network of key stakeholders: CYPSC, Cavan Monaghan Mental Health Services, social workers, teachers, leaders and facilitators; equipping them through learning, action/research and networking to identify needs, gather data, communicate outcomes and influence strategic policy to ensure that young people are supported through arts interventions to build resilience.
This approach will provide evidence of best practice arts-based approaches for early prevention and intervention for children and families. The project will hold the ‘Better Outcomes Brighter Futures’ national policy framework in mind.
- Action research through targeted arts workshops.
- Continuing Professional Development for the Network.
- Engage services of skilled arts practitioners.
- Engage evaluator to observe, analyse, write and recommend.
- Design infographics for learning outcomes/recommendations.
- Disseminate learning.
- Consultants will deliver CPD to the network stakeholders and facilitators to equip them to identify needs, gather data and design services that build the resilience of young people.
Tasks and deliverables
It is expected that the evaluator will:
- Observe and review CPD phase delivered to network of stakeholders which will include statutory agencies, arts facilitators, community and voluntary leaders.
- Report on all aspects of the project and disseminate the learning.
- Report and present evidence-based research to inform the work of the network going forward.
- Build on existing evidence currently being gathered to inform local economic and community plan and local arts and education partnership.
The evaluator will consider all aspects of this project, from its inception to completion and will write a report on the project process and outcomes including recommendations.
All work must be completed by end of 2019.
The overall budget will not exceed €5,000.
Programme of Works
Bidders must also submit a Proposed Programme of Works. Any award of Contract under this RFQ will be subject to the successful Bidder and Cavan County Council agreeing a final Programme of Works.
RFQ (request for quotation) deadline is 30 April 2019.
Queries will be received up to 24 April 2019. Please email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
RFQ submission form and specification document: