The Arts Council Arts Participation Project Award supports initiatives in the field of Arts Participation for projects commencing on or after 1 January 2020. The purpose of the award is to support proposals from professional artists or arts organisations who wish to collaborate artistically with non-arts professionals (individuals or groups).
The Arts Council has identified the following as strategic priorities for support through this award: Projects that involve artistic collaboration with communities of place and/or interest in the following contexts: arts and health, disability, cultural diversity, older people/creative ageing, and community development.
Proposals must incorporate:
(1) The creation or interpretation of work developed through a collaborative process
(2) The presentation of work developed through a collaborative process
(3) A clear description of methodologies for engagement and artistic collaboration that:
– Value the creative contributions of all participants while providing opportunities for artistic challenge
– Ensure that the artistic quality and the quality of the engagement between artist and participants are both considered at all stages (e.g. in the planning, making, presentation and evaluation of work)
– Demonstrate active support and commitment from all participants and partners, including a clear understanding of respective roles and contributions
– Incorporate well-thought-out mechanisms for cooperation with key workers (where relevant) and consideration of training and support (where necessary)
– Demonstrate an understanding of current arts-participation practice in Ireland relevant to the proposal, and the potential to have a long-term, sustainable impact on artistic skills, ambitions and policy.
Applications open on 16 July 2019.
The closing date for applications is 15 August 2019.
For application details and guidelines visit