Culture, Health and Wellbeing is a free online training course created by the Culture, Health and Wellbeing Alliance in England. This course is designed to support the development, delivery and evaluation of the impact of arts and culture on health and wellbeing.
Who is this for?
The course is aimed at professionals working in arts / culture and health / wellbeing. It will be useful for those who haven’t yet undertaken work in this area, or those who are already doing so but would like support in certain aspects of their provision.
The course aims to:
- Describe and define health and wellbeing provision within art and culture, including social prescribing
- Demonstrate how this work fits into new thinking within the health sector
- Use best practice examples to inspire new work and ensure provision is sustainable and suitable for your organisation and community
- Demonstrate how evaluation can be utilised successfully in order to pilot and improve your provision
- Establish how health and wellbeing work can be embedded at an organisational level
- provide practical step-by-step advice on how to get started or how to reframe existing work
Course content and structure
The course is entirely online and you can study at your own pace. The time commitment is approximately nine hours.
There are six modules:
1/ An introduction to health and wellbeing
2/ Partnership and co-creation
3/ Types of audiences and activities
4/ Measuring impact
5/ Organisational change
6/ Next steps
For further information and to register visit