Kerry County Council
Mission / Aims
Kerry County Council Arts Office aims:
- to support the arts throughout the county – the benefit of the arts to the greater wellbeing of the citizens of Kerry is acknowledged as being of great importance;
- to work with artists and organisations interested in developing meaningful arts and health practice.
Areas of activities
- To date the main area of work has been dance for the elderly as part of our Dance for the Young at Heart programme.
- We also programme creative writing and painting workshops during the month of May for the elderly.
- We directly support Liam Doherty’s drama for people with disabilities.
- We have also funded Ann Kennelly’s programme on performing arts for the visually impaired.