The National Centre for Arts and Health based at Tallaght Hospital, Dublin 24, is currently seeking artists willing to volunteer to facilitate art sessions for patients on our work placement scheme.
This position would suit:
- Artists considering a career in art therapy and/or arts in healthcare contexts
- Artists interested in gaining hands on experience in arts and health
- Mature, reliable people with some experience of illness or disability and a caring, sensitive personality.
We ask for: –
- A commitment of 2 hours per week, on a regular basis.
- Minimum of 26 weeks (all sessions are Monday – Friday, during normal working hours)
- A willingness and flexibility in approach, reliability and confidentiality critical
- Induction, ongoing support and training sessions from the well established team of artists and clinicians in Tallaght Hospital
- An opportunity to gain work experience within a well developed, high quality arts and health centre in Ireland
- Opportunity to develop your own work in a healthcare environment (subject to approval of proposal)
- A unique experience in a friendly and supportive organisation.
- Free car parking and refreshments while at hospital
The National Centre for Arts and Health has a thriving arts programme, for more information see www.artshealthwellbeing.ie
If you are interested in this opportunity, or require further information, please contact:
Tel: 01 414 2076
Please download the recruitment pack on www.artshealthwellbeing.ie and complete the recruitment forms in the first instance.
We are currently recruiting for artists (of all art forms) to start 1 September 2013. Ongoing applications are welcome for vacancies that arise during the year.