‘Inspiring Communities’ is a course which explores the potential of culture and volunteering to build creative and resilient communities. The course is facilitated by social entrepreneur Conor O’ Leary of Artlands and is run in partnership with Kilkenny County Council Arts Office. The course will run over seven workshops starting 25 October 2013.
The course will focus on how communities, voluntary groups, interested individuals and artists can enhance the cultural and community life of local areas. The workshops will include successful case studies from a number of communities which are successfully promoting arts and cultural activities, and practical exercises with ample opportunity for participants to learn from each other. The programme will also assist participants to develop ideas for actual cultural and community projects or events and implement them and is suitable for those with or without prior experience.
Participants may be able to obtain FETAC accreditation in the ‘Event Production’ module at Level 5 by completing this course.
The training programme is open to all and will incorporate individual mentoring time to support participants.
Key topics include:
- What kind of inspiring communities do we want to live in?
- Idea Generation and Development
- Case studies from voluntary promoters and community projects
- Why involve the community and how to bring them with you?
- Developing an actual event/project idea and seeing it through
- PR, Event Planning and Budgeting
- Private Fundraising and Public Funding
- Insurance and Practicalities
- Creating Sustainable groups and projects
- Plus Guest speakers
For Bookings Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form
For course content queries Contact: Conor O’Leary, Artlands, Enterprise Centre, Village Green, Kiltegan, Co. Wicklow email: email@example.com tel: 087 9048095