The Global Alliance for Arts & Health has announced Steven Libman as its new Executive Director. Steven is a highly successful and respected executive with 30 years of experience leading major arts organisations. He is nationally recognised in the creative sector for developing an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to strategic planning, programming, branding, marketing initiatives, institutional growth, and problem solving.
Steven’s accomplishments in the arts and health field are quite remarkable:
- Produced the Emmy nominated PBS special “Michael Feinstein: The Sinatra Project”
- Co-created and co-hosted theIndianapolisweekly radio show “The Voice of the Performing Arts”
- Launched a new $175 million Center for the Performing Arts in Indiana serving over 100 artists and 500 volunteers, and growing the staff from 2 to 80 and the board from 3 to 30
- Produced 28 plays, including ten world premieres, and 300 performances per season as chief administrative officer at the Tony Award winning La Jolla Playhouse
- Co-created the ground breaking “Healthy Dancer” program that developed nutrition and exercise guidelines for professional dancers in theUnited States
- Developed with the medical staff of UPMC Sports Medicine an on-site clinic for physicians within the studios of the Pittsburgh Ballet
- Raised more than $50 million during his 17 years with the Pittsburgh Ballet
See http://thesah.org/ for further information.