The National Centre for Arts and Health based at Tallaght Hospital, Dublin, is seeking professional artists (of all artforms) willing to volunteer to facilitate art sessions for patients.
This position would suit:
- Artists considering a career in arts and health and/or art therapy and/or collaborative community art
- Artists interested in gaining experience in arts practice of illness or disability
- Mature, reliable people with some experience caring, sensitive personality.
We ask for: –
- A commitment of 2 hours per week, on a regular basis
- Minimum of 20 weeks (all sessions are Monday – Friday, during normal working hours)
- A willingness and flexibility in approach
We offer: –
- Induction, ongoing support and training sessions from the hospital, Director of Arts and Health and experienced artists
- Free car parking and refreshments while at hospital
- Opportunity to develop your own work in a healthcare environment (subject to approval of proposal)
- A unique experience in a friendly and supportive organisation.
The National Centre for Arts and Health has a thriving arts programme, for more information see www.artshealthwellbeing.ie
To apply, please complete volunteer application forms on our website (under Contacts and volunteering) and return to the address below. We will then contact you in late August to arrange induction day with potential placements to start early September.
Opportunities exist to work with adults and children in various hospital clinics and wards.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or require further information,
Hilary Moss, Director, The National Centre for Arts and Health, Tallaght Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Tel: 01 414 2076.