Age & Opportunity announce dates for its Creative Exchanges course in 2015. The course offers high-quality training that leads to a FETAC Level 6 award. You will develop the skills that you need to plan and facilitate arts activities for older people in residential and day care settings. In line with the person-centred approach promoted by HIQA National Quality Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People, this course is designed to help you to provide meaningful and purposeful opportunities to engage older people in arts activities. If you are an activities coordinator, working in a residential or day care setting or an artist interested in engaging with older people in a care setting.
Creative Exchanges can provide you with:
- An understanding of the value of creative activity, particularly in a care setting
- Practical skills to carry out creative activities with people in residential and day care settings
- Experience of taking part in arts based workshops
Dates and venues
Creative Exchanges will take place in Crawford Art Gallery, Cork City over seven full days on the following dates in 2015: Crawford Art Gallery on February 5, 6, 13, 27 and March 6, 13, and 27.
Age & Opportunity’s Creative Exchanges programme is fully validated by FETAC under the new Common Awards System at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.The course will be delivered in seven full days over a three month period and will lead to a component award in Arts and the Community 6N3585. A significant amount of self-directed study and personal project work is required in order to successfully complete the course.
Creative Exchanges costs €650 per participant. Places are limited and will be allocated based on short listing and interview.
Applicants should have:
- An interest in arts and creativity
- A willingness and interest in doing creative activity with older people
- Availability and commitment to attend seven full days of training and undertake a significant amount of self-directed study and project work
To gain entry to a Level 6 programme you do not need a previous formal qualification. You may have achieved certification at Level 5 or have equivalent life and/or work experience.
For an application form or for more information,please contact our education team on email@example.com or phone 805 7798.