Uillinn: West Cork Arts Centre is offering an Artist in Residence studio opportunity to an artist who is in receipt of, or applying for, Arts Council, Local Authority or Ealaín na Gaeltachta bursaries.
This is a non-accommodation residency. Currently West Cork Arts Centre does not offer a stipend for the duration of a residency. We recommend that artists apply to their own Arts Councils, Local Authorities etc to source funding for accommodation, travel and expenses.
The three Artists’ Studios are located on Level 2 of Uillinn, West Cork Arts Centre’s new arts building, and range in size from 18.2 metres square to 21.2 metres square. They are interconnecting work spaces, with north facing roof lights, that can be closed off from each other. Each studios is equipped with heating facilities, desk/work bench and wireless internet.
The studios provide space for artists to engage in a programme of work over several weeks or months, to interact with the other artists in residence and exhibiting artists, and to facilitate access to their studio practice for specific groups on creative learning programmes and with the general public.
To apply send a proposal to Ann Davoren at email@example.com
The application should include:
- An up-to-date CV
- An artist’s statement
- A maximum of 10 images of your work (jpegs no larger than 2mb each) or other appropriate samples.
- A list of images with relevant information.
- A written proposal which clearly states the following:
1. What you hope to achieve during your residency.
2. The length of residency you’re interested in and preferred time of year.
3. Any interests you may have on developing an exhibition or project with West Cork Arts Centre.
4. Does your work have any pertinent links to Ireland or West Cork that the curatorial panel should be aware of?
5. Any ideas that you may have about ways to engage with participants on creative learning programmes at Uillinn or with the local community / general public.
For further information phone +353 28 22090 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org