St. Patrick’s Mental Health Services is seeking Creative Arts Facilitators (Relief Panel) to plan and deliver Twilight Programme group activities to in-patients of St Patrick’s Mental Health Services. Deadline 23 August 2015.
The duties of the Creative Arts Facilitator are outlined as follows:
- To plan, develop and deliver Twilight Programme activities in conjunction with other Twilight Programme Coordinators.
- To supervise and support external volunteers and students where required.
- To liaise with relevant internal staff in ensuring the maximum communication and understanding of the Twilight Programme activities.
- To attend scheduled meetings if required with Coordinators regarding Twilight Programme delivery, and communicate on an ad hoc basis as required.
- To ensure that the Twilight Programme patient activities are properly recorded and imputed into stats system.
- To comply with all Health & Safety Legislation and hospital guidelines in the delivery of service user activities.
- To ensure that all Twilight Programme resources and storage areas are well maintained at all times.
- To ensure that service users, who are referred to the programme or access the service, are properly received in a welcoming and safe creative space.
- In conjunction with the programme manager and programme Coordinators ensure the programme budget is properly used and accounted for.
- Liaise with nurse managers in coordinating bed rest activities.
- To carry out all other duties relevant to the role as may be specified from time to time.
- To participate in mandatory internal training.
In carrying out all duties, the facilitator shall ensure that all Hospital policies, Health & Safety procedures and legislative requirements are met at all times. This Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties. The person appointed may be required to perform other duties as appropriate which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the position.
Candidates must have qualifications in one of the following disciplines:
- Music Therapy
- Creative Writing
- Arts in Healthcare Practitioner
- Recreational Therapist
- Artist in the Community
And/or sufficient experience in the following areas:
- Facilitation of Arts or recreation based projects in Healthcare settings
- Knowledge and Experience of Persons experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
- Experience of Group Facilitation in Healthcare Contexts
- Ability to facilitate group sessions in a healthcare context
- Ability to design and deliver varied therapeutic recreational activities
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to co-ordinate the programme in the absence of the Twilight Co-ordinators
- Self-motivated and accustomed to assuming responsibility
- Therapeutic Awareness – Empathy, Active Listening
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to contribute to the development of the department
- Administrative skills to include record keeping, budget control, excel and Microsoft competent.
Note: All criteria outlined are essential unless otherwise indicated
For informal inquiries contact:
Ms. Edel Fortune
Tel: 01 2493456 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (APPLICATIONS SHOULD NOT BE MADE TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS)
Applications in the form of covering letter and Curriculum Vitae, clearly stating the post being applied for should be uploaded as one document by Sunday 23 August 2015
Panels will be formed from which future positions may be filled.
St. Patrick’s Mental Health Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Click here to apply online.