Age & Opportunity has announced dates for its Creative Exchanges course in winter 2015/16 which will take place at The Model in Sligo. Creative Exchanges is a course for anyone leading creative activities with older people in care settings. The course brings together practitioners from different arts disciplines and others with related expertise to discuss different approaches and to lead participants in arts activity. The programme leads to a FETAC Level 6 award.
Creative Exchanges can provide you with:
- An understanding of the value of creative activity, particularly in a care setting
- Practical skills to carry out creative activities with people in residential and day care settings
- Experience of taking part in arts based workshops
Dates and venues
Creative Exchanges will take place in The Model, Sligo over seven sessions from 16 November 2015 to 9 February 2016.
Age & Opportunity’s Creative Exchanges programme is fully validated by FETAC under the new Common Awards System at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.The course will be delivered in seven full days over a three month period and will lead to a component award in Arts and the Community 6N3585. A significant amount of self-directed study and personal project work is required in order to successfully complete the course.
Creative Exchanges costs €650 per participant. Places are limited and will be allocated based on short listing and interview.
Applicants should have:
- An interest in arts and creativity
- A willingness and interest in doing creative activity with older people
- Availability and commitment to attend seven full days of training and undertake a significant amount of self-directed study and project work
To gain entry to a Level 6 programme you do not need a previous formal qualification. You may have achieved certification at Level 5 or have equivalent life and/or work experience.
For an application form please visit http://www.ageandopportunity.ie/what-we-do/education-training/creative-exchanges
For more information please contact Fiona.email@example.com