Wexford Mental Health Association is seeking a Music Exploration Officer (MEO) for a fixed term contract of one year for 14 hrs per week. The aim of the role is to promote recovery and positive well being by enabling access to, engagement in and exposure to music and music related events for a wide range of individuals within Wexford county receiving services from the rehabilitation and community sectors of the Wexford/Waterford Mental Health Services. The target population consists of service users with mental health and/or intellectual disabilities. The deadline for applications is 9 June.
This project is led by the Occupational Therapy Department, Waterford Wexford Mental Health Service, and Wexford Mental Health Association. The activities within this role include:
• To promote the role of music in the recovery from mental health difficulties and in general health promotion.
• To provide opportunities for engaging in meaningful activity, and enhancing cultural, social interaction and quality of life through the medium of music.
• Promote opportunity to engage in and access local and national music events.
• Provide and evaluate a music programme to residents of Mental Health/Intellectual Disability Residential Units.
• To establish and evaluate recovery based community music programme based both in Wexford Town and Enniscorthy Town that can be accessed by individuals residing in supported accommodation and community residence receiving service of the rehabilitation and respective community teams.
• Develop sustainability strategy for the post.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9 June 2016 at 1pm.