The Creative Gathering is an opportunity for people to gather together from across Northern Ireland and beyond to explore and showcase the positive impact of the arts and creativity on the health and wellbeing of community living. This event will take place on 28 March 2017 in The Guildhall, Derry / Londonderry from 10am-4pm. There will be key presentations from experts in the fields of arts, health, education and business.
Arts Care and Pushkin Trust are hosting the event. They have partnered with the Public Health Agency, Children in Need and the Derry City and Strabane District Council over the last four years to develop and deliver a Town Arts, Health, Education and Wellbeing model that has produced positive outcomes in terms of community development and enhanced health and wellbeing. This Creative Gathering is part of this project and the outcomes of this four year arts engagement with the community in Strabane and more recently in Derry City will be presented at this event.
There will be showcase dance and drama performances, participatory arts and a lively audience/panel discussion.
Contributors will include:
- Brendan Bonner, Public Health Agency, Head of Health and Social Well-being Improvement (West) and Co-Chair of the Western Investing for Health Partnership (WIFH)
- Joanne Wallace, Wallace Consulting/ The Arts Council of Northern Ireland
- Professor Ian Walsh, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
- Dr. Jonathan Skinner, Senior Lecturer/Researcher, Life Sciences, University of Roehampton, London
- Anne McErlane, Inspiring Teachers, Partners in Education Programme, Pushkin Trust
- John Kerr, Arts and Culture Manager, Derry City and Strabane District Council
- Dr. Matt Jennings, Lecturer in Drama, Ulster University
- Dr. Jenny Elliott, Chief Executive Officer/Artistic Director, Arts Care (Arts in Health, Social and Community Care)
This event is aimed at teachers, lecturers, healthcare professionals, managers, directors, chief executives, board members, town planners, business personnel, researchers, arts professionals, artists, administrators, funders, local council personnel, MLAs, media and press personnel, community development personnel, carers, service users, charities, disability organisations, minority groups and voluntary organisations.
Please inform us in your RSVP if you require any of the following: Irish Sign Language/British Sign Language, audio description, relaxed performance, dietary requirements or any other support to attend this inclusive event.
Venue: The Guildhall, Guildhall St, Londonderry
Admission: Free but limited places. Light Lunch will be served. RSVP to Caitlin Lawlor firstname.lastname@example.org or on 028 9562 2122