CUREkenny is the first Festival of Arts for Health & Wellbeing in St. Luke’s General Hospital, Kilkenny (SLGHK). Curated by the Arts Department at SLGHK, the festival is taking place throughout the month of August 2017 and includes events for patients, staff, visitors and the general public.
The programme includes:
- Seven exhibitions: KCAT studio artists, featuring Sinead Fahey; Blackstack Fine Art Print Studio; Kilkenny Photographic Society; ‘Shine like golden light’ by Sian Brophy; staff artists Frank O’Dwyer, Judy Bridgeman and Rahul K Pavithran
- Pop up music events in the Main Concourse
- ‘Write Chancer!’: A spoken word event on 14 August with several guests including Surgeon Paul Balfe from SLGHK, an Irish Times Hennessy New Irish Writing award winner for his poetry in September 2015
- Guided Meditation and Relaxation for staff every Wednesday in August
- Organised walks from SLGHK to arts and heritage destinations every Thursday in August
The Festival will be launched by representatives from Healthy Ireland on 10 August at 5pm in the Main Concourse of SLGHK. All are welcome.
The full programme can be accessed here.
For further information contact Edelle Nolan, Arts and Health Officer:
Edelle.Nolan@hse.ie | Tel: 086 7714617