Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Arts Office is seeking expressions of interest from professional visual arts practitioners who have an interest in training to facilitate dementia friendly gallery tours in dlr LexIcon.
The Azure Network is an alliance of cultural organisations that aim for greater inclusion of people with dementia in an Irish cultural context. The Azure Programme was initiated through a collaboration between Age & Opportunity, The Alzheimer Society of Ireland, the Butler Gallery, Kilkenny and IMMA. The Azure Network has now expanded to numerous arts venues nationwide including the founding organisations.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council/HSE Arts and Health Partnership in conjunction with the Living Well with Dementia Project – Stillorgan / Blackrock piloted an Azure project in dlr LexIcon, Dún Laoghaire in 2015 and since this time have offered two tours as part of each exhibition programme.
Professional visual arts practitioners who have an interest in training to facilitate these dementia friendly tours should email the following to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 9 October:
- A Curriculum Vitae with relevant experience clearly outlined
- An expression of interest (maximum two A4 pages) that demonstrates:
– How this opportunity relates to your practice
– An understanding and interest in this model of working
– Commitment to being involved in developing and contributing to the network after the training is completed
You must be available on Monday 23 October 11.30am-1pm & Tuesday 24 October 2.30-4pm