*DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO Friday 16 August.* Age & Opportunity has created an opportunity for care settings and older people living in or attending those settings to engage creatively with an artist over the course of a number of months. Age & Opportunity also wishes to offer an opportunity for an artist to develop their specific skills in relation to working in arts and health settings. In 2019, six artist residencies of this kind are being offered. Artists of all art forms can apply.
The application process is two-part: care settings have applied and been selected for this unique opportunity based on an open competition and artists are now invited to apply for a residency in one of six care settings from across Ireland.
This residency aims to:
- Deepen the public engagement of older people in the arts (particularly those who are harder to reach)
- Value, support and widen the group of artists working in care setting contexts
- Deepen and promote the arts within care settings.
The artist selected will work closely with the residents and/or day attenders over a medium length of time, (approximately 25 days over two months), with a view to opening up creative arts practice to the residents/day-attenders. Specifically, the residency will combine the artist’s engagement of the resident older people in creative processes with his / her creative reflection on this.
Please read the guidelines before completing the application form: http://bealtaine.ie/uploads/files/page_7/files/Care_Residencies_ARTIST_Guidelines_2019.pdf
Artist application form: http://bealtaine.ie/page/opportunities
Application Deadline: Friday 9 August.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and interviews will take place at each care setting during the week commencing 26 August and/or 2 September 2019.
- It is envisaged that the residencies will take place October – November 2019, but must be concluded no later than 10 December 2019.
- An induction day will be held in MISA, St James’ Hospital, Dublin, on 18 September.