Age & Opportunity hosts the Bealtaine Gathering 2019 on 20 November in Project Arts Centre, Dublin. Bealtaine Festival is Ireland’s national celebration of the arts and creativity as we age and this annual networking day is for event organisers, partners and supporters.
Who is this for?
- Local Bealtaine organisers, groups and artists
- Anyone involved in running a Bealtaine programme (e.g. libraries, arts offices, venues)
- Anyone interested in organising Bealtaine events (e.g. those working in care settings)
Overview of schedule
- Age Against the Machine: Anatomy of a Festival – David Slater, Artistic Director of Entelechy Arts, UK
- Making Local Connections – Melanie Scott, Arts Officer, Co. Tipperary
- Planning your event top tips – Iseult Byrne, CEO of Dublin City Culture Company
- How other countries do it – Farrell Curran – Director of Age of Creativity Festival, England
- Marketing your event top tips – Anne Kearney, Communications Manager, Age & Opportunity
- Open clinic – a chance to speak individually to our top tips givers about your own events
- Talkin’ bout my generation – artists and participants speak about their experience working on intergenerational projects
- The Bealtaine Evaluation – what you told us in 2019
- The Home – Christopher Green, theatre maker (see this review of his recent immersive show HOME, set in a care setting)
Bealtaine Gathering 2019 Full Schedule
Bealtaine Gathering Speakers Biographies
20 November 2019
Project Arts Centre, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
10.30am – 5.15pm
Book here: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-bealtaine-gathering-2019-tickets-75124845435
Please note: change to booking system
In order to bring you a stimulating and inspiring event, with lunch and refreshments provided on site as part of your ticket, this year there is a cover charge of €15 or €7 for concession tickets.