The Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital in Dublin invites children and adults to take part in a poetry competition to celebrate Poetry Day Ireland on 30 April 2020. All winning poems will be displayed in the hospital on Poetry Day.
Poems are requested on the themes of ‘time’ or ‘the body’.
Junior: ages 8 – 12
Teens: 13 – 17
Judges: poets Nuala Watt, Orla Grant-Donoghue and Summer Meline.
- One entry per person
- Free to enter
- Poems must be the entrant’s own work.
- Submit your entry by email to email@example.com
- Attach your poem as a single Word document (or equivalent).
- Or by post to: Poetry Day Ireland Competition, Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2
- Be sure to include entrant details (Name, contact number, age/category) with each entry.
In addition to the winning poems being displayed in the hospital on Poetry Day Ireland, prizes include a 1-year subscription to the Poetry Ireland Review, book vouchers and selections of books.
Tuesday 14 April 2020
This poetry competition is supported by the Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, the Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Research Foundation and Poetry Ireland.