Fighting Words – in partnership with Fighting Words NI – is launching That One Time, a project to draw together a collection of writing reflecting the experiences, thoughts and ideas of frontline workers and their families during this time.
Fighting Words would like to hear from those who have been keeping the country running over the last number of months and to share their important stories – and those of their family and children – on the Fighting Words website.
- This call for submissions is open to frontline workers of all descriptions – including but not limited to medical workers, delivery drivers, shop assistants, Gardaí, post office staff, bus drivers – and their children.
- Submissions are welcomed from all over the island of Ireland.
- Submissions can be in English or in Irish.
- Submissions can be fiction or non-fiction. You may want to tell the story of the times we live in now or you may choose to tell a different story that you – or your children – want to write to reflect the current times.
- Maximum word counts do apply:
- Writers age 7-9: 500 words
- Writers age 10-13: 800 words
- Writers 14+: 1000 words
- All forms of creative writing are accepted including prose, poetry, comics, illustration, and song lyrics.
Submissions are being accepted on a rolling basis for the foreseeable future.
Submission requirements and further information: