Minding Creative Minds (MCM) is the first 24/7 wellbeing support programme for the Irish music sector. Delivered by Spectrum Life, the initial phase of MCM is for musicians, songwriters, artist managers and event production crew in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Developed over a number of years, the launch of phase one of MCM was brought forward to June 2020 in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. From 2 June, approximately 20,000 people in the music sector in Ireland will be instantly eligible to access these services.
MCM is a free mental wellbeing support programme and includes access to the following wellbeing services:
- 24/7 Dedicated Phone Line (Phone 1800 814 244) (Calling from NI: 0800 0903677)
- Counselling Service (Short term intervention / Up to 6 Sessions)
- Telephone Counselling
- Secure Video Counselling
- Extensive Web Portal & App enabling live chat function with a counsellor
In addition to the mental health support system offered, MCM wishes to look at the whole individual, resulting in the programme also offering access to a number of additional services structured to help users with various issues they may face such as:
- Advice on practical, day-to-day issues that cause anxiety and stress
- Legal Assistance for a range of issues
- Financial Assistance & Consumer Advice
- Career Guidance & Life Coaching
- Support for Non-Irish Nationals & their families
- Mediation for conflict resolution
It is intended in due course to open up the services of MCM to the whole music sector and shortly after to open the programme to the wider creative sector in Ireland.
Minding Creative Minds (MCM) is the brainchild of David Reid who is the co-founder and organiser of the RTE Choice Music Prize and has been a board member and project manager with First Fortnight, a charity challenging mental health prejudice through the arts and cultural action, since 2010.
MCM is delivered in partnership with Spectrum Life, a network of 480 counsellors, psychotherapists & psychologists. Spectrum Life provides EAP services for companies like Vodafone, Amazon, & Laya Healthcare.
MCM is funded by First Fortnight (lead partner), IMRO (Irish Music Rights Organisation), IRMA (Irish Recorded Music Association), RAAP (Recorded Artists, Actors & Performers), Universal Music Ireland, The BAI (Broadcasting Authority of Ireland) and The RTE Choice Music Prize.