The Bank of Ireland Begin Together Arts Fund in partnership with Business to Arts is open for applications. The Fund will distribute a total of €1million between 2020 and 2022 to support artists and arts projects across the island of Ireland (Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland), including all art forms whose projects benefit a range of audiences. The deadline for applications is 4 November 2020.
The Fund will support or commission artists or groups of artists to work with a partner organisation (e.g. a venue or event, arts organisation, community / voluntary organisation or another funding agency / organisation) in the development of new or existing artwork(s) / arts project(s). In 2020, the Fund aims to support artwork(s) / arts project(s) that:
1. have been adapted due to COVID-19
With this criteria, artwork(s) / arts project(s) that have been adapted due to COVID-19 will be supported. For example, this may include projects that require funding to help with the costs, equipment or expertise related to:
- technology and distribution of artwork(s) / arts project(s) online (e.g. professional filming, equipment, and skills required)
- adapting venues, exhibition spaces or spaces for performances for socially-distant audiences etc.
- adapting models for the delivery of learning and public engagement programmes to reach their audience
- adapting artwork(s) / arts project(s) so they can be realised in the public realm or outdoors
2. are inspired by / respond to COVID-19
With this criteria, the Fund is seeking to support the creation of new artwork(s) / arts project(s) based on themes, narratives, or ideas which have been prompted due to living through the pandemic and our current environment. For example, this may include helping to realise new artwork(s) / arts project(s) created specifically:
- for digital and online audiences
- for the public realm or outdoors
- hybrid models of delivery (e.g. online and in-venue)
- to respond to themes of people impacted by COVID-19, lockdown, opening society etc.
For this first round, only projects that plan to take place between February 2021 and December 2021 are eligible. A second and third round for applications are planned for April/May 2021 and April/May 2022. The above criteria are applicable for this round and may change in rounds two and three.
Size of Grants
Applicants can request funds between €3,000 – €10,000 / c. GBP£2,500 – £8,400. Average grants will be €5,000 / GBP£4,200, with maximum grants of €10,000 / GBP£8,400. Artwork(s) / arts project(s) with larger budgets that have secured funds elsewhere are encouraged to apply. With each grant round the Fund aims to provide funding to an artwork / art project in each county on the island of Ireland.
Mon, 21 Sep, 2020: Open for applications
Wed, 30 Sep, 2020: Information webinar #1 at 12:00pm
Wed, 7 Oct, 2020: Information webinar #2 at 2:00pm
Wed, 4 Nov, 2020: Deadline for applications
Thurs, 31 Dec, 2020: Applicants informed by email
February — December 2021: Projects to take place
How to apply / further information