Be Extra is a new Centre for Wellbeing in the Arts run by artists and creatives in the UK. The centre promotes self-care through creativity to support the unique struggles of those within creative industries.
Be Extra is launching Wellbeing Wednesdays on 11 November, an online series exploring how to deal with common mental health symptoms that have arisen, or been exacerbated, by the Covid-19 pandemic. Wellbeing Wednesdays are led by Bethany Garner (BSc, MPsycholsci, MBPsS).
The sessions will be based around the following topics:
- Panic attacks (11 November 2020)
- How to conduct CBT yourself (18 November 2020)
- Mindfulness and relaxation (25 November 2020)
- Information on anxiety and depression (2 December 2020)
- Loneliness (9 December 2020)
- Stress (16 December 2020)
Tickets and booking
To allow access for all, the events are free to attend. A paid ticket option is available for those who can afford it, to go towards funding future and ongoing projects.
Ticket information: be-extra.co.uk/events/