The Arts Council’s Arts Participation Project Award supports proposals from professional artists or arts organisations that wish to collaborate artistically with non-arts professionals (individuals or groups).
Proposals are prioritised that involve communities of place and/or interest in the following contexts: health, disability, cultural diversity, older people/creative ageing and community development.
The Round 1 Award is for projects commencing on or after 1 January 2023.
The Arts Council will prioritise proposals that involve:
- The creation or interpretation of work developed through a collaborative
- The presentation of work developed through a collaborative process
- A clear description of methodologies for engagement and artistic collaboration that:
– Demonstrate clear artistic vision and goals, alongside any other goals (e.g. health, wellbeing, community development, access, inclusion, social change, etc.)
– Value the creative contributions of all participants while providing opportunities for artistic challenge
– Ensure that the artistic quality and the quality of the engagement between artist and participants is considered at all stages (e.g. in the planning, making, presentation and evaluation of work)
– Demonstrate active support and commitment from all participants and partners, including a clear understanding of respective roles and contributions
– Incorporate well-thought-out mechanisms for cooperation with key workers (where relevant) and consideration of training and support (where necessary)
– Demonstrate an awareness of current arts-participation practice in Ireland relevant to the proposal, and has the potential to have a longterm impact on artistic skill, ambition and policy.
Ambitious projects at the higher end of this scale may be supported; however, the average award is likely to be considerably lower. You are advised to seek advice from the Arts Council well in advance of applying.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 28 July 2022 at 5.30pm.
Further information and how to apply: