Embrace Music, in association with Creative Places Athy, invite expressions of interest from Athy-based musicians to participate in a two-day Introduction to Music in Healthcare training course on 15 and 16 September.
The training will cover:
- A history and overview of arts and health in Ireland
- Special considerations for a musician working in healthcare settings
- Advice on funding opportunities, grant applications and fee-charging models
- Common illnesses encountered in age-related healthcare settings
- Practical activities such as musical exercises and role playing
- Gathering of suitable repertoire
- Advice on reflecting upon and evaluating a project
- A site visit to a local healthcare setting for practical experience.
Places are limited and are offered free to participants, funded by Creative Places Athy. The training will take place between Athy Youth Café and St Vincent’s Hospital.
How to apply
Access the online application form here: tinyurl.com/musicandhealthtraining
Deadline for applications: Friday 19 August 2022
For queries, email email@example.com
About Embrace Music
Embrace Music is a Kildare-based partnership led by musicians and Arts & Health specialists Sharon Murphy and Sadhbh O’Sullivan. With over 10 years combined experience of running arts and wellbeing projects with older people, they founded Embrace Music with the aim of providing far-reaching opportunities for engaging with music.