dlr Libraries are running an interactive and engaging programme this autumn specifically designed with carers in mind. This is an opportunity to take part in social and creative experiences, meeting other carers and making new social connections. It is also welcoming to people living with dementia that may like to attend with their loved ones.
There’s time for tea and coffee as part of each event and numbers attending will be limited to small groups. If you are currently caring or have recently cared for a loved one with dementia why not come along to try one of the events.
- Dance with Olwyn Lyons: Dementia-inclusive dance sessions
- Art making with Caroline Hyland: Relaxing dementia-inclusive workshop exploring gelli plate printing
- Music with Eamon Sweeney: Dementia-inclusive music sessions fostering meaningful engagement, connection and stimulation
- Imprints with Caroline Schofield: A mono-print workshop working with natural or found items from home and the garden
- Finding happiness at my fingertips: Seasonal activities with nature therapist Joyce Fitzpatrick
- Waking up to the power of nature: Drop-in sessions with nature therapist Joyce Fitzpatrick
This programme is funded by Creative Ireland’s Creativity in Older Age Programme 2022.
All events are free. Booking information and participating libraries: https://www.dlrcoco.ie/ga/node/64604