Suitable for both new and experienced facilitators, this workshop facilitated by Embrace Music will explore ways of creating a welcoming and inclusive space for community singing. There will be an emphasis on working with older people, particularly those living with age-related needs, and their carers.
Whether you’re a brand new musical director, have yet to dip your toes in the water, or are an experienced choir leader who is curious to learn more about the Arts & Health approach, you are welcome to take part.
What will be covered in this workshop?
- Finding and adapting a suitable repertoire and warmups
- Special considerations for concerns such as dementia, Parkinson’s and lung health
- Building a concert programme and organising events for your group
- Enhancing your sessions with elements like movement and reminiscence
- Sticking Points: The ins and outs of running a community choir
Tea/coffee and light refreshments will be provided.
Book your Place
This is a free event. Booking is essential.
Contact email@example.com to secure your place.
About Embrace Music
Founded by musicians and Arts & Health practitioners Sharon Murphy and Sadhbh O’Sullivan, Embrace Music is a social enterprise on a mission to provide far-reaching opportunities for engaging with music.
This workshop is supported by Kildare County Council Arts Service.