The Floor is Yours! is a networking event for dance artists, companies and organisations working with older people, which aims to strengthen and connect the sector. Presented by Dance Ireland and Age & Opportunity, in consultation with Dance Theatre of Ireland, this event offers workshops, discussions and presentations from those working in the field nationally.
The programme includes:
- Physical Practice for Community and Care Settings: A practical session hosted by Robert Connor from Dance Theatre of Ireland with dance artists Helga Deasy and Olwyn Lyons. This session will share creative ideas and approaches, and demonstrate how these ideas are adaptive and adaptable in either community or care settings.
- The Culture of Care: A panel discussion chaired by Robert Connor, Co-Artistic Director, Dance Theatre of Ireland, with care settings managers, Siobhan Grant and Shann Morris, who will share perspectives and learning on the development of dance programmes in care settings.
- The Role of the Artist in Collaborative and Participatory Practice: Artists John Conway and Aoife McAtamney discuss the challenges of how artistic practice evolves when working in different community and participatory contexts; and how to open up to the expertise and experience of others with artistic integrity.
- Resourcing Your Practice: Discussion and Q&A focusing on funding and building networks, chaired by Tara Byrne, Arts Programme Manager, Age & Opportunity, with Eleanor Moore, Principal Community Worker, Cork South Community Work Department, Cork Kerry Community Healthcare, and Máire Davey, Assistant Arts Officer, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Arts Office.
- A Community of Care, Advocating for Your Practice: Dance artist Anthea McWilliams, Create, the national development agency for collaborative arts, and Tara Byrne highlight key approaches in communicating about and advocating for your work with funders, institutions and communities.
This event is free to attend, but booking is essential. Register your attendance via this link.
Lunch will be provided on the day. Please state your dietary preferences by filling out the Google Form HERE.
For queries contact Madison Riggin, Arts Programme Administrator, at
Dance Ireland and Age & Opportunity are offering six travel bursaries of €100 to dance artists who wish to attend The Floor is Yours 2022! and are living over 75km from Dublin. Eligible applications for the bursaries will be considered. The closing date is Friday 25 November at 5pm.
Apply here: https://www.danceireland.ie/whats-on/opportunities/travel-bursaries/
Image Credit: Jonathan Stokes.