Minding Creative Minds is Ireland’s first 24/7 mental health and wellbeing support programme for the Irish creative community, delivered in association with Spectrum Life across the 32 counties and to Irish creatives overseas. Since it was established in June 2020, over 1,200 people have contacted Minding Creative Minds.
This January, Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media Catherine Martin announced funding of €300,000 for Minding Creative Minds as part of the Safe to Create Programme, a resource for the Irish arts and creative sectors to promote dignity at work.
Minding Creative Minds includes access to the following services:
- 24/7 dedicated phone line (Phone 1800 814 244) / (Calling from NI/UK 0800 0903677) / (International 00353 15180277)
- Counselling service (Short term intervention)
- Telephone counselling
- Secure video counselling
- 24/7 specialist trauma and abuse counselling
- Extensive web portal and app enabling live chat function with a counsellor
- SMS & WhatsApp support with a qualified psychotherapist/counsellor. Text ‘Hi’ to 087 3690010, standard rate applies.
With the launch of the Safe to Create Programme last October, Minding Creative Minds announced an enhancement of its service to include specialist trauma and abuse counselling care. This service enables crucial support for anyone who has experienced trauma or sexual abuse and ensures that they can access immediate support and up to 12 free counselling sessions from a trauma counsellor immediately.
Minding Creative Minds offers a range of other in-house services to the Irish creative sector, including a comprehensive Career and Mentoring service incorporating all creative art forms and a monthly peer support meeting which offers support, advice and resources.
Minding Creative Minds includes access to a number of additional services to help users overcome various practical issues they may face including:
- Advice on practical, day-to-day issues that cause anxiety and stress.
- Legal Assistance – Consultation with Irish solicitors including those specialised in family law matters, property conveyancing and other legal matters.
- Financial Assistance & Consumer Assistance – Consultation with qualified financial advisors who can offer advice on household budgeting, borrowing/debt management, retirement planning, saving & investments.
- Career Guidance & Life Coaching – Access a panel of career coach specialists for career guidance.
- Support for non-Irish nationals and their families – helping to make the transition into the Irish system as smooth as possible.
- Mediation Services – Help with disputes in the workplace, or issues related to family business, defective goods and services, building and construction.