The Arts Council’s Arts Participation Project Award supports initiatives in the field of arts participation (participatory, collaborative, community and socially engaged arts practices).
The purpose of the award is to support proposals from professional artists or arts organisations that wish to collaborate artistically with non-arts professionals (individuals or groups).
Proposals are prioritised that involve:
- Communities of place and/or interest in the following contexts: health, disability, cultural diversity, older people/creative ageing and community development
- The creation or interpretation of work developed through a collaborative process
- The presentation of work developed through a collaborative process
- A clear description of methodologies for engagement and artistic collaboration that:
– Demonstrate clear artistic vision and goals, alongside any other goals (e.g. health, well-being, community development, access, inclusion, social change, etc.)
– Value the creative contributions of all participants while providing opportunities for artistic challenge
– Ensure that the artistic quality and the quality of the engagement between artist and participants is considered at all stages (e.g. in the planning, making, presentation and evaluation of work)
– Demonstrate active support and commitment from all participants and partners, including a clear understanding of respective roles and contributions
– Incorporate well-thought-out mechanisms for cooperation with key workers (where relevant) and consideration of training and support (where necessary)
– Demonstrate an awareness of current arts-participation practice in Ireland relevant to the proposal, and has the potential to have a longterm impact on artistic skill, ambition and policy.
This funding round is for projects commencing in 2024.
Deadline: Thursday 16 November 2023, 5.30pm
Guidelines and application process: https://www.artscouncil.ie/Funds/Arts-participation-project-Award/