The Arts Health Research Intensive training course provides a rich introduction to the evidence base around arts in health and fundamentals of evaluation and research. Presented by the Arts Health Early Career Research Network, University College London, and the University of Florida Center for Arts in Medicine in partnership with Britten Pears Arts, Snape Maltings, the course takes place over five days in May 2024.
What’s in store
- Explore the development and scope of the field
- Learn about psychological, physiological, social and behavioural effects of arts engagement
- Discover research and evaluation methodologies
- Discuss practicalities and issues in carrying out research
- Engage in group-based debates, activities and presentations
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone with a background or interest in the arts, healthcare, community health or social care, and research, and who wishes to learn more about the field and meet others who share their interests. No research experience is necessary and all levels of experience are welcome.
Dr Daisy Fancourt, UCL
Dr Katey Warran, UCL
Dr Jill Sonke, Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida
Dr Jenny Lee, Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida
- Early bird – £989
- Early bird student – £674
- Full price – £1099
- Full price student – £748
Partial scholarships are available to cover approximately 30-50% of your tuition fees. The course organisers are also offering one 100% scholarship, based on merit and need.
Early bird rates and scholarship applications will close on 13 November 2023 after which full-price reservations will be available if places are still available.
How to apply
For further information and to download an application form visit https://sbbresearch.org/arts-health-research-intensive/