Projects Manager, Artists & Creative Liaison
Community & Arts Participation, Visual Art
Anam Beo is an independent arts organisation that delivers an Arts-in-Health Programme in Offaly. It is supported by the HSE Dublin Mid-Leinster and Offaly County Council. It is a non-profit organisation and serves as a collective for artistic skill sharing and social innovations within communities.
Anam Beo uses adaptive projects and spaces for inclusion, equity & art production, arts practices endeavouring for a ‘new spatial contract’, involving us to work together, for the community by the community. Each facilitating artist must possess warmth & empathy with respect for the individuals and a trust in the creative and artistic process.
Mission / Aims
- To provide access, appreciation, awareness and enjoyment of the arts for all involved and to encourage a policy-based approach to the development of arts and health in County Offaly.
- Anam Beo is an arts organisation that encourages self activations & empowerment through meaningful engagements with consultative arts practices.
- The artist’s practice facilitates individual expression & the creation of artworks in a safe and socially inclusive environment.
Areas of activities
- Artists facilitate arts inclusion with the delivery of collaborative projects and artist initiatives in care and community settings.
- Improving the structures and mechanisms for the delivery and engagement of the arts in healthcare settings.
- Developing partnerships with key local agencies and arts organisations to develop a comprehensive programme and models of best practice in the area of arts and health.
- Exploring the developmental nature of the arts within health settings, through implementation of best practice projects through ongoing monitoring and evaluation.